Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Think Before You Speak

Think before you speak.

Do to others as you would want done to you.

To speak softly, in tongue and in tone.

Be respectful... or say nothing at all.

Always say "please" and "thank you".

Respect your elders.

Greet others with kindness.

Try to show interest even if you are not.

Don't interrupt, cut someone off or override the conversation.

Be clear, concise and to the point.

Know the difference between having an opinion and being insulting.

When you're unsure of something, politely ask for explanation.

And never put anyone down, belittle them or spread gossip.

Sometimes I wonder why people have no manners, and why they say the things they do. There is no reason whatsoever to pass judgement on someone when you don't know the path they are on. I've often struggled with people having certain opinions about me and it's hurtful, mean and unnecessary but I think that some people just don't have people who cared enough about them to teach them manners, to be respectful and to show grace. I choose to live my life differently and if there are people who think this way of me, I gladly ask them to not bring this negativity into my life. I don't have time for people who are not respectful of me. If I'm respectful of you... I ask that you do the same. I've simply chosen to "Be Joyful".

No comments:

Post a Comment